Tatworth Primary School
Full time, Permanent
Main Pay Scale
Start Date: November 1st 2021 or January 4th 2022
Tatworth Primary School are looking to appoint a full-time, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher to teach in Key Stage 1 or Key stage 2.
Tatworth is a village school is within a rural community, on the outskirts of Chard, surrounded by beautiful countryside.
In addition to carrying out the professional duties laid down in the school Teacher’s Pay and Conditions Document, the successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, outstanding teacher, and have the ability to teach subjects across the primary curriculum.
A supportive, experienced and committed leadership team
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive community
- Enthusiastic learners
- A creative and innovative curriculum
Teaching and Learning
- To teach a class of children, following our new ambitious curriculum
- To promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and emotional well-being
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations by building on prior attainment, knowledge and skills
- Assess and keep records of progress to inform planning and recognise the level at which pupils are achieving and adapt teaching accordingly
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, which follows the teaching ethos of the school
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Promote the school’s focus on behaviours for learning amongst the pupils and in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies as required.
- To be part of a team to plan, prepare and evaluate aspects of the specific subject or year group
- Providing pastoral care and support to children and providing them with a secure environment in which to learn
- Observing, assessing and recording each child’s progress and preparing reports for external agencies
- Attending in-service training
- To play a full part in the life of the school community, and support its distinct ethos
- To follow and actively promote the school’s policies and procedures
- To comply with health and safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the work to be undertaken, commensurate with the grade. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the postholder will carry out.
This job description may be amended at any time in consultation with the postholder.
Closing date: 3.00 pm 1st October 2021
Interview: Week beginning Monday 11th October 2021