Would you like to join a friendly, hardworking team in an interesting and busy role where you’ll play an important part in ensuring our children’s social care staff and foster carers have access to a high quality training and development service?
We are looking for a Clerical Assistant who is enthusiastic and has a strong work ethic to cover the maternity leave of the current post holder for a period of at least one year, starting in June 2021.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
This is an excellent opportunity to gain administrative experience where you will work closely with our senior administrator in all aspects of course administration.
You will assist with preparing training course materials, liaising with tutors, maintaining our on-line courses booking system, booking venues, raising purchase orders and providing email and telephone support to foster carers and staff in relation to their training.
A few things about you
You will be approachable, friendly and professional with a customer focus. You will also have excellent organisational and communication skills and be IT proficient. Some familiarity with using spread sheets, IT systems or previous experience in an administrative or customer focused role would be an advantage.
The salary range for this role is £18,562 to £18,933 per annum
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal discussion please contact Nicholle Keen-Cross on 07826950019.
All interviews will be taking place virtually, via Microsoft Teams and are scheduled for 21st May 2021.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a basic criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Share this job