Commercial Strategy Planner
Are you curious by nature? Do enjoy being at the heart of a fast paced business? Do you have experience developing and pushing boundaries of Commercial strategies? Then this role could be the one for you!
In this exciting role you will be at the core of the strategy working alongside the category manager to shape the strategic direction of the overall customer proposition and driving the category plans that fulfil customer needs and delivers the Screwfix Trading Strategy at a category level.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot.
You will work with an energetic trading and category team that is key to developing our customer offer, through sourcing and interpreting customer and market insight, identifying strategic opportunities, understanding the Trading Strategy, and ultimately facilitating the development of Category Plans with the Category team that support our ambitions.
- You’ll work closely with the Category Teams and Customer Insight team, as well as many other stakeholders around the business
- Drive the category plans and review process for your specific categories, partnering with the relevant Category & Trading manager to design and deliver a category plan that is aligned to our business strategy and right for our customers
- Interpret and manipulate data from multiple sources and systems (e.g. financial, transactional, store and customer) to build a complete view of performance and potential opportunities.
- Execute detailed analysis to inform, develop and value all elements of a robust category plan, including range and price, promotional mechanics, all channel strategy, and translate this into recommendations to present to key stakeholders.
- Support cross-category analysis and initiatives, developing frameworks and tools that help to deliver a consistent and data-led approach to category management
- Drive clarity by framing the right commercial questions, often from a position of ambiguity
- Think independently, are curious and can challenge the status quo, with a drive to identify and solve issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a customer centric approach
- Analyse and review data to draw key insights
- Demonstrate strong project management and presentation skills
- Able to articulately present plans, ideas and concepts
- Work collaboratively and have strong influencing skills
- Able to think strategically and apply this to practical solutions
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.com.