Swift Resources Ltd
Commis Chef Apprentice Taunton
We are looking for an Apprentice Commis Chef at our St Audries Park venue, who is passionate and learning and genuinely keen on a career producing excellent dishes using fresh produce. We produce an outstanding menu all prepared to an exceptional standard and would love to find someone to join our happy, professional team.
- To produce food of an impeccable standard in line with Country House Weddings and Customer expectation to ensure our reputation as Britain’s Premier Wedding Venue is maintained
- To liaise with Head Chef or Sous Chef for daily duties
- To attend work in clean and appropriate work wear
- To ensure that you are aware of the recipes of all the menus and that you adhere to these
- To maintain food standards and quality procedures set out in the food manual
- To report to Head and Sous Chef as and when stock levels are low
- To liaise with all in house departments to ensure good communication between departments
- To work hours to include breakfast and buffet
- To prepare food for Open Days and meetings as required in addition to weddings
- To maintain health and hygiene standards and ensure all is documented, therefore achieving the highest standards of cleanliness
- To work in a clean and tidy kitchen, cleaning as you go, using coded chopping boards and labelling foods • To take on washing up duties as required
- To deep clean kitchen area twice a month, as instructed by Head or Sous Chef
- To help any new employees where appropriate
- To always be polite and helpful to work colleagues and customers
- To ensure the smooth running of each wedding, event and the venue, maintaining high standards and acting as an ambassador for Country House Weddings Ltd at all times
- You will ensure the safety of the building and the people in it with full awareness of health and safety procedures and you will operate at all times in accordance with your employer’s health and safety policies
- Any other duties as and when required by the Venue Manager and Head Chef
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Good prep skills beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
- Reliable Hard working, team working is crucial Ideal candidate will have creativity and flair with the desire to exceed and express themselves through food
The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE in the range of 9-3 (A* to E), including English and maths (or equivalent qualifications). Individual employers will set the selection criteria for the applicant. Individuals who have not yet achieved English and maths at GCSE Grade D / Functional Skills Level 1 (or equivalent qualification) or above will need to do so in order to complete this Apprenticeship.
There is a chance for a permanent position within St Audries Park upon the completion of the apprenticeship with the opportunity to also work at another of Country House Weddings venues if desired.
Things to consider
A means of transport to work is necessary.
About the employer
A family-owned and run business with over 30 years’ experience of making wedding day dreams come true. Founded in 1988, Country Weddings Ltd. is the UK’s longest-established group of wedding venues. We specialise in exclusive use wedding venues across England that suit all tastes and requirements. Each venue has its own complete team of staff and managers, all are trained to uphold the unique and exceptional standards of Country House Weddings.