Country House Weddings – St Audries Park
Commis Chef Taunton
This is an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef to join the team at our award winning Wedding Venue, based near Taunton in Somerset.
St Audries Park is a stunning Georgian Manor house set amongst the Quantock Hills with breath-taking views that span out over the Bristol Channel and a 10-acre deer park. As a business we ensure that every couple has a very individual and special day delivered to a high standard. We only get one chance to make their day perfect!
You will have the opportunity to use your creativity to contribute and be part of a team. This Commis Chef role is a full time, permanent position. In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £20,000 depending on experience
Responsibilities of our Commis Chef include:
– Produce food of an impeccable standard in line with our client’s and Customer expectation to ensure their reputation as Britain’s Premier Wedding Venue is maintained
– Liaise with the Sous Chef for daily duties
– Ensure that you are aware of the recipes and that you adhere to these
– Prepare food for Open Days and meetings as required in addition to weddings
– Maintain health and hygiene standards and ensure all is documented, therefore achieving the highest standards of cleanliness
– Support with the smooth running of each wedding, event and the venue, maintaining high standards and acting as an ambassador at all times
– In the absence of the Sous Chef to provide support to the Chef de Partie during busy periods, and to carry out duties, as required.
What are we looking for in our Commis Chef:
– Proven culinary skills
– Enthusiasm and motivation, with a good eye for detail and accuracy
– Comfortable working in a fine dining kitchen where attention to detail and meticulous presentation is essential
– You will be organised, tidy and calm under pressure and work well within a team
– Be keen and eager to learn, progress and develop your skills
– Food hygiene and food preparation/professional cookery qualifications would be an advantage
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Commis Chef please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you