We’re looking for an experienced communications officer to join Somerset County Council’s Public Health team, initially on a fixed term basis until March 2023. The Council provides great services and support and we need an self-starting, motivated and enthusiastic Communications Officer to help us communicate our public health messages to our 500,000+ residents – letting them know what they can do to stay healthy happy and safe and what we can do to help them.
You will be joining an organisation that values communications and will be working on projects and initiatives that are making a real difference and improving lives.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We’re after a person who can comfortably lead on communications and marketing campaigns including developing and deploying communications plans and strategies. You should be creative on a daily basis and be up to speed with digital communications, as well as being able to carry out traditional Press Office duties at speed and with style. Initially this role will be focussed on supporting the response to the Covid-19 pandemic (in particular helping to deploy the communications strategy that supports Somerset’s Local Outbreak Management Plan for Somerset.) You should be able to work well under pressure and turn things around quickly and at short notice.
The post may include occasional weekend working; you may be required to work weekends depending on local outbreaks
A few things about you
We’re after a team player and all-rounder, a flexible self-starter who is keen to work with the wider public health team to understand public health priorities, learn new skills and support the community.
You should be passionate in helping to improve the lives of the residents of Somerset, in particular helping to address inequalities.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Lisa Rogers on 07977 411302 or email@example.com
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the basic Disclosure procedure.