At Somerset County Council we provide great services and support and we need two enthusiastic Communications Officers (one permanent and one 18 months fixed term) to help us tell our stories and make sure our 500,000+ residents know what we do and how we can help them.
You will be joining an organisation that values communications and will be working on projects and initiatives that are making a real difference and improving lives.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We’re after two new Communications Officers who can be creative on a daily basis and are up to speed with digital communications, as well as being able to carry out traditional Press Office duties at speed and with style.
You should be as comfortable shaping video content and posting engaging social media as you are crafting press releases/newsletter articles and dealing with media enquiries. You will also help shape engagement through supporting events.
Both of these roles will focus on supporting our amazing Children’s Services – with the 18-month fixed term contract dedicated wholly to supporting our Special Educational Needs & Disability Services (SEND), working closely with our NHS colleagues and the Somerset Parent Carer Forum to really drive and shape improvements.
A few things about you
We’re after team players and all-rounders, flexible self-starters who are keen to learn new skills then share them with the rest of the team and others in the authority.
We’re a friendly, supportive bunch at the heart of a County Council that’s going places. If you’d like to join us, please get in touch.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
The salary for this role is £25,991 – £29,577 per annum.
For an informal discussion about these positions, please contact Deborah Porter on 07976698075.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.