The Salvation Army
Community Programme Coordinator
Working Hours:16 hours per week (Thurs 9.30-4.30pm, other hours to mutually suit)
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
One of the UK’s most inspiring and best-known faith-based organisations are looking for an experienced Community Programme Coordinator to join our team in Weston Super mare.
Weston Super mare corps has an active food bank and lunch club and it aims to serve and support those in the local and wider community irrespective of their background.
As the Community Programme Coordinator, you will:
- Manage and be involved in Thursday Food bank
- Encourage engagement in Christian activities by acting as a role model and facilitator.
- Lead on establishing links to the community and any relevant external agencies to maximise the effective delivery of projects within the community
- Use the Corps vehicle to collect donations
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- An enduring Christian practice and willingness to work within and be an enthusiastic advocate of our Christian ethos and values in the community
- The ability to prioritise, organise and manage a busy workload to meet objectives
- Have a clean driving licence
This role has an occupational requirement that the successful candidate must be a committed and practising Christian and will be in sympathy with the doctrines of, and supportive of, the purposes and the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army.
In order to complete your application please download and read the job profile.
In the ‘You have’ section you will find the criteria required for the role please make sure that you address this in your supporting statement.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and DBS
CVs will not be accepted. Promoting equality in the workplace.