Construction Engineer Layout and Access Coordination Engineer
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Construction Engineer Layout and Access Coordination Engineer Site Wide
MEH Alliance / Altrad Services
Hinkley Point C
• Plan, manage and support the workface access route requirements across the MEH Alliance scope to support the MEH Alliance construction programme
• Identify Access & Layout signage requirements as per the Building classification and Liaise with MEH Logistics team to get the signage installed.
• Plan and negotiate the access routes for future works to support the MEH Alliance construction programme
• Liaise with Site Ops team to ensure Building access routes are always available. Assess alternative access routes, if current route is blocked due to site works.
• Ensure the access / egress routes are not compromised. Raise any concerns or issues with Building leads
• Work along with MEH Temporary Works & Access team to co-ordinate access requirements that suits all building occupants
• Ensure routing diagrams for access routes within the building and access routes to the buildings stay current.
• Share routing diagrams and information within the MEH Alliance construction team and ensure they are displayed out on site to maintain collective awareness of the safe routes
• Coordination and interface management of Access as part of construction delivery requirements between multiple discipline site operations.
• Accountable for Integrated delivery performance to the BCWP Management Lead
• Ensure all site activities are undertaken safely and responsibly, and in accordance with the CDM Regulations
• Provide and demonstrate a positive HSE leadership and support to the relevant Building Lead throughout the whole construction life cycle of their allocated area supporting a positive Nuclear Safety Culture.
• Create building external safe access routes for pedestrian and material deliveries. Create Building internal access/egress layout maps for each building level with emergency escape routes. Map to include safety points such as fire point, emergency telephone, safety shower, eye wash unit, TMIC bag location etc. Building access layout to be displayed at all building levels
• Revise routing diagrams for access routes within and external to buildings to accommodate current and future planned works
• Plan access route arrangements in co-ordination with Site Ops / NNB / Bylor to support MEH future works and to avoid any delays. Plan in alternative access routes, if required.
• Ensure all activities are executed in line with relevant Standards and specifications.
• Use of core experience & engineering skills to assess practicalities and risks associated with Construction activities.
• Ensure change management is recorded and implemented as per the contract procedure
• Ensuring compliance with quality assurance requirements, supporting action recommendations from Access Lead
• Identification of risks and opportunities
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(as per MEH matrix)
• HNC or relevant experience
• CCNSG safety passport / HS&E MAPS certificate
• Relevant Professional Accreditation preferable (PM, Construction, Engineering)
• Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
• IOSH Managing safely Experience
• Proven track record in large scale projects in the nuclear or similar regulated sector.
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
• Communication skills – First class communication and presentation skills both within their team and with external stakeholders.
• A clear communicator, with clarity and positivity.
• Results orientation – Understanding the required results and focusing to achieve them.
• Create Building access Layouts via Auto cad
• Navisworks experience to evaluate access / egress routes within Buildings
• Good working knowledge of MS Suite programs
• Teamwork – Working closely with colleagues and Peers
• A positive ‘can do’ mentality, self-motivated, setting the right behaviours.
• Proven track record of success.
• An ability to think laterally and flexibly to deliver solutions, and a ‘process driven’ focus to delivery.
• Has worked at a level, providing accountability for their actions.
• Can demonstrate previous record of success in their discipline.
• Experience working in high integrity, regulated industries would be an advantage.
• I.T. Literate
MEH Values attributed behaviours:
• Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
• Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
• Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
• Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
• Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.