The Bridge Cafe Restaurant are recruiting for a full time Cook / Chef to join the team.
We are an independent business situated in the heart of Bridgwater town, overlooking the Parrett river. First opened in 1970, it has a history spanning half a century.
The Bridge Restaurant is a day time cafe/restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, cakes as well as hot and cold soft drinks. The menu is very traditional and consists of cooked breakfasts, quiches, pizza, jacket potatoes, cottage pie, homemade soups, as well as a wide range of freshly made salads. We also serve rolls, sandwiches, panini’s & baguettes.
Our success is down to our consistency across all aspects of customer service, the quality of our food and our amazing team of dedicated friendly happy staff.
We are looking to recruit a cheerful, enthusiastic and most importantly hardworking and experienced COOK who is conscientious and able to work well in a team. Our kitchen is a relatively busy environment, divided into 3 sections (hot section/cold section/dishwashing) and is currently run by a team of 3.
This position is for 35 hours per week (including Saturdays and Bank Holidays and occasional late opening to coincide with town events such as carnival. We are currently closed on Sundays & Mondays)
The applicant will be required to perform a range of cooking skills and your responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare, cook and present food quickly and to specification efficiently to ensure a smooth running of the kitchen.
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times.
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor usage.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures / food standard regulations.
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings.
- Carry out instructions as given by management.
- Pride in preparing excellent food, good teamwork and strong communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- An organised person that can multitask.
We need you to be highly motivated, very organised and take great pride in helping your kitchen team to always exceed customer expectations.
At least 1 years’ of proven track record in a busy fast paced kitchen.
- You will have the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- You understand and appreciate that a successful kitchen requires exceptional communication & organisational skills to be able to operate to its full potential.
- You will always be aiming to exceed customer expectations.
- You will have a passion for good food & love creating flavoursome dishes.
- You will enjoy being involved in enhancing our menu by adding seasonal dishes.
So if you think you’ve got the skills we are looking for then we’d love to hear from you.
The position is open for immediate start.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience (minimum £9.00 per hour)