We are looking to appoint a Cook to join our team at Kilve Court, working 16 hours per week on an annualised basis. Shifts start from 7:30 am and finishing at 7pm. Hours are all year round, however summer is our peak period.
The Kilve Court, Greatwood and Charterhouse Centres are the largest provider of Outdoor Education in Somerset and enjoy a reputation for high quality and standards. The centres offer courses in a number of outdoor activities and academic subject areas. They are situated in a fantastic position in Somerset with immediate access to a variety of outdoor locations.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
- Delivering of daily meals for customers.
- Overseeing our Domestic Assistants which will include overseeing the dining area cleanliness, food service and preparation of meals.
- Controlling the storage of food within prescribed guidelines, recording, and dating foodstuffs.
- Monitoring and maintaining the programme for high standards of kitchen and dining room cleanliness and hygiene, including the cleaning of machinery.
A few things about you
Ideally you will have catering experience, but this is not essential as comprehensive training will be provided. You will be customer focused with an enthusiasm for working alongside people.
The salary for the role is Grade 15, ranging from £8,026 to £8,187 per annum for 16 hours per week.
Please feel free to get in contact if you have questions about the role. Please contact Daniel Moncrieff on 01278 741270 or email DMoncrieff@Somerset.gov.uk
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
Please note this post requires a criminal check via the disclosure procedure.