SSE Outdoor Centres are the largest provider of Outdoor Education in Somerset and enjoy a reputation for high quality and standards. The centres offer courses in a number of outdoor activities and academic subject areas. They are situated in a fantastic position in Somerset with immediate access to a variety of outdoor locations.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
We are looking to appoint a Cook to join our team at SSE Outdoors, Kilve Court. Working 32 hours per week on an annualised basis. Shifts are split start from 7:30-14:30 and 15:30- 19:30. Hours are all year round, however summer is our peak period.
– Delivering of daily meals for customers.
– Overseeing our Domestic Assistants which will include overseeing the dining area cleanliness, food service and preparation of meals.
– Controlling the storage of food within prescribed guidelines, recording, and dating foodstuffs.
– Monitoring and maintaining the programme for high standards of kitchen and dining room cleanliness and hygiene, including the cleaning of machinery.
A few things about you
Ideally you will have catering experience, but this is not essential as comprehensive training will be provided. You will be customer focused with an enthusiasm for working alongside people.
Please feel free to get in contact if you have questions about the role. Please contact Carly Kew, Centre Manager, on 01278 741270 or email CKew@Somerset.gov.uk
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
Interview Date Friday 23rd April 2021
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
In this role you will need to speak fluent English. More information is in our job pack.
In this role you will require a criminal background check via Disclosure and Barring Service.
Share this job