At Somerset Care we are one of the largest care providers in the South West, we connect with people everyday which makes us a very special company to work for.
A Cook is a key role and involves:
- Leading and working with the catering team to provide nutritionally balanced, attractive and well-presented meals
- Ensuring we cater for those customers with special dietary requirements.
- Supporting our customers to ensure that they are offered choice and that individual needs are met.
- Working with our Company menus to produce a range of meals with the catering team within your allocated budget.
- Maintaining stock provisions: ordering, their storage and rotation of stock.
- Organising the smooth running of the kitchen by working with and delegating appropriate tasks to the catering team.
- The responsibility to maintain hygiene standards in the kitchen.
- Maintaining appropriate records to comply with HACCP, Company standards and legislation.
- Ensure that any concerns raised by the team are appropriately managed.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a catering setting
- A caring, kind and empathetic approach.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage a team.
- To be passionate about making a difference.
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
- Good communication skills.
- To work flexibly including occasional weekends.
You will be given full training and support right from the outset.
We can offer you so much more than a career, we offer the chance to gain qualifications whilst working, progression opportunities and many other fantastic benefits of working for a large care company. All we ask is that you are passionate about helping others.
We believe in the financial wellness of our employees and as such we are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Wagestream so you can now access your earned wages into your bank account before payday if needed, please ask the Recruitment Team for more information on this.
If you would like to make a difference to people’s lives we would love to receive your application, or to find out more, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01823 448321.
Somerset Care, so much more rewarding. Do more than a job, change a life………