Hours: Full or Part Time Opportunities
Shifts: 8:00am – 5:00pm – inc. alternate weekends
Base: £9.01-£9.61 (higher rate for weekends)
QCF Level 2 in Catering: £9.15-£9.75 (higher rate for weekends)
Location: Halcon Centre, Taunton
Essential: Qualified to a minimum level 2 in catering and have experience working as a cook or chef.
Whether you’re looking to grow your career, or start it, look no further. We love the work that we do. And so will you.
Somerset Care is one of the major care providers in Southern England, and one of the largest not-for-profit care companies in the UK. As an award winning company, it’s no surprise that we put our customers at the heart of what we do, by listening to, and understanding their wishes.
Our Care Home teams deliver day care, respite care, dementia care, residential, nursing care, and end of life care. We champion the independence of our residents and encourage them to live their lives as they choose.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Provide a high standard or varied menus, reflecting individual dietary requirements, and ensuring nutritional value is monitored.
- To manage and order food stock.
- To maintain a clean and safe kitchen to a high standard.
- To work with the kitchen assistant in the preparation and serving of food.
Why work for us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- My Caring Rewards – provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make My Caring Rewards a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Opportunity to gain a qualification – qualification bonus of £100 upon completion
- Access to The Hub online learning platform – our one stop shop for learning & development
- Somerset Care Group Awards – recognising those who have gone above and beyond
- Cycle to Work scheme – you can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories
- Refer a friend bonus of £400
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Free counselling service – 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Return to work maternity bonus of £100
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
- Paid mileage
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Weekend Enhancements
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:.
- Be qualified to a minimum level 2 in catering and have experience working as a cook or chef.
- Be passionate, possess good communication, and organisational skills.
- Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends.
- Be aligned to our values of connecting with people, making a difference, doing the right thing, and embracing change.
Apply online today, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 6944 for more information.
Please note that a law has been passed in Parliament regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for care home employees. Legally, from 11 November 2021, staff who do not have both doses of the vaccination (unless exempt) will no longer be able to be employed within a Care Home. If you are successful, a condition of your employment is that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you start work.
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.