Customer Sales Assistant
Joining our friendly and hard working family as a Customer Sales Assistant, you’ll be on the front line dealing with our customers that come into your branch; playing a vital role in our continued success, providing a first class service and keeping colleagues and customers safe at all times.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, but here are a few pointers:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so it’s essential that you can help deliver the highest standards of service – the key thing is to be helpful and friendly, you will likely get to know our customers on a first name basis.
- You’ll handle requests, provide information on our products, prepare quotes and help each customer with their purchase, taking our sales from good to great.
- You’ll also be responsible for ensuring the safe and correct movement of our products around the branch.
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that our standards never slip, by adhering to all stay safe policies and procedures.
What experience do you need?
This is a key customer facing role, you just need the ability to provide great customer service, we can teach you the rest.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say ‘Yes’ to all of the characteristics below – they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Customer Sales Assistants. Are you:
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Someone that has a friendly and outgoing personality who is happy to communicate face to face with customers and build strong relationships
Being a Customer Sales Assistant in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop your career, if you choose. As a new colleague you will be encouraged to enroll onto a TP development scheme – which are available to colleagues and managers at all levels of our business. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan, that embraces our values.
You’ll also receive £Competitive pay + Benefits (which includes a half yearly colleague bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance, sharesave scheme, group wide colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group (including Wickes and Toolstation). Plus we have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from airport parking to theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance – most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised, despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that’s why we have been voted one of the UK’s Top Employers every year since 2010. We offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across our 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.