Mid Devon District Council
SALARY £32,234 – £34,728 per annum
37 Hours per week- Permanent
Mid Devon District Council are embarking on a series of ambitious business and ICT transformation projects and require an enthusiastic and self-motivated Database Administrator/Analyst to join our team improving and modernising our ICT infrastructure and systems.
This role will be expected to deliver significant cost savings by rationalising and optimising our business systems and databases, alongside planning for increased cloud based delivery. The successful candidate will also help inform business strategy by improving management information for data driven decision making.
Excellent communication skills are required and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate previous experience in delivering and supporting business transformation using a range of the technologies within a small team.
Candidates must be flexible and willing to work outside normal hours occasionally when appropriate. Part Time and Job share will be considered. Multi-site working within Devon may be required and there are home working opportunities available.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centres
- Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ian Potbury, Service Desk Team Leader on (01884) 234257.
A satisfactory basic disclosure check and three years complete employment history will be requested in the event of you being offered the position.
Visit our website at: www.middevon.gov.uk for full application details and to apply online or alternatively for an application pack, please contact:
Human Resources, Mid Devon District Council,
Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Tel: (01884) 234331 – 24 hour recruitment line
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 April 2021
POST NUMBER: IT21
VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER: 2021005
Committed to Equality of Opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community
Share this job