Delivery Optimisation Manager
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Delivery Optimisation Manager
Rolling 12 month contract
Up to £610.00pd PAYE Contract (+ 33 days paid leave) or up to £800.00pd umbrella contract
40 hours per week. 8 hours per day.
The Key Focus of the Delivery Optimisation (DO) Manager is to provide functional oversight of Delivery Integration personnel into programmes and areas, as well as manage the resources devoted to the central team.
The Delivery Optimisation Manager will be responsible for considering all aspects of the planning of a designated section of the works on the Hinkley Point C project as a service from the PMO & Digital Function to Area Management.
The core focus of the PMO & Digital Function and Delivery Integration is concentrated, by Area, around the ‘Mantra’ of:
• Critical Path Activities
• Milestone Adherence (Bulk work)
• Baseline Performance
This will involve coaching and engaging processes to ensure pre-requisites, dependencies and constraints are managed in a balanced and integrated approach to ensure the activities on the site run safely and smoothly and in accordance with the project schedule (IWS84). The primary objective of Delivery Integration will be to identify and eliminate any issues prior to the work commencing on the site and will involve interfacing with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Multi-discipline teams. The Delivery Optimisation Manager ensures the team members work to this mantra.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or related subject or a demonstrable level of experience based on years of experience (10 plus years) and project assignments.
• 10 years’ experience in delivering highly complex projects.
• Experience operating in a high security environment advantageous.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of programme progress and forecast position and planning.
• Strong communication skills in English required, knowledge of French can be an advantage.
• Nuclear construction background.
The Delivery Optimisation Manager will have broad knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction activities and the integration of these activities. In addition, he or she will possess a good understanding of project planning processes and the ability to identify and resolve complex interfaces. This includes experience across many types of EPC contracts, specifically knowledge of NEC and FIDIC contracts. The DO Manager will have the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders. Strong management and communication skills and commercial awareness are essential. Specific knowledge, skills, qualification, and experience include:
• Experience and understanding of working in a Nuclear and Safety Quality Culture.
• Understanding and awareness of working in a highly regulated environment.
• Ability to build and manage a diverse and high performing team.
• Ability to work collaboratively and in an integrated team environment.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Management of strategic planning developing construction sequencing and recovery plans.
• Good working knowledge of commercial principles affecting construction matters.
• Ability to produce informative, concise reports.
• Motivational approach and the ability to energise team members by building a climate of trust and understanding.
• Awareness of project change control and, risk management processes.
• Extensive working knowledge in the delivery of large complex construction projects.
• Understanding of planning tools including Navisworks and Primavera P6.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.