Directorate Assistant to Assistant Chief Constable (ACC)
Are you looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same and where you can make a real difference?
Are you an organised, reliable and proactive person looking to contribute towards the Force’s vision to provide outstanding policing for everyone? Do you uphold the Force’s values to be caring, courageous, inclusive and encourage learning?
If so, we are looking for a Directorate Assistant to the Assistant Chief Constable who will provide an efficient, confidential service to Senior Leaders in the Constabulary.
Your role will include:
- Managing your Senior Leader’s emails and diary
- Planning and organising meetings
- Taking minutes and actions
- Preparing communication / correspondence / briefing documents
- Managing Personal Assistants within the Directorate if required
What we can offer you:
A package of financial, lifestyle and health benefits to support whatever stage of life you’re in. This includes:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Continuous professional development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance scheme offering help through counselling services, legal advice, fitness advice, personal coaching and health assessment
- Staff discount scheme for savings on shopping, days out, sporting events, holidays
What do you need?
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous personal assistance or secretarial experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Experience of arranging and preparing meetings
- Ideally have experience of managing a small team
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would like to hear from you.