We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join the Families Directorate Team to provide an effective and efficient PA service for the directorate. This is a fixed term role covering maternity leave.
We are seeking an individual who is an excellent team player, who thrives in a busy environment. Applicants should have good organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure, setting priorities and able to meet tight deadlines. The post holder will have a range of secretarial/PA and supervisory experience ideally, however relevant experience will be taken into account.
Main duties of the job
Applicants will need to have a good working knowledge of numerous IT systems such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Calendars.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and feel your knowledge and experience meet the essential criteria, then we would love to hear from you.
Working for our organisation
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, fantastic pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone’s throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan – there is truly something for everyone!
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
To be responsible for providing a PA service to a specialty team, to include daily supervision and positive leadership of the administrative team, ensuring that high standards are maintained in terms of quality and output and that an excellent patient experience is provided at all times. To use own initiative, and work without immediate supervision.
The post holder is required to maintain the Trust’s values and core standards and to lead by example.
- Relevant qualification to NVQ3 or RSA3 secretarial/administration
- Numerate and Literate to GSCE level or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a PA role
- Working knowledge of a full range of secretarial/administrative procedures
- Knowledge of NHS.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to the service.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a secretarial/administrative role.
- Experience of using IT systems i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of using IT systems relating to the NHS.
- Experience of electronic diary management
- Experience in note taking at formal meetings.
- Experience of working within an environment where there are conflicting priorities/deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with all staffing levels
- Evidence of teamworking