The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
Bouygues Travaux Publics (TP) and Laing O’Rourke, two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, are working together in a joint venture named BYLOR to deliver the main civil engineering works at Hinkley Point C (HPC) worth over £2.8 billion.
Bylor are pushing the boundaries of innovation and modern technology while delivering high quality construction on a massive scale. Bylor have already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete.
This is great opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that is challenging the industry and making history.
Purpose of the role:
The Document Controller is responsible to perform document control functions for BYLOR and support the Quality Manager to implement the document control system.
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities:
- Perform registration, dispatch, filing and archiving of formal documents in Bylor’s & Client’s EDMS
- Follow-up and expediting the construction execution documents, quality records, client’s returned comments.
- Assist in the compilation and indexing of quality records (Certificates, Life-time quality records, hand-over reports) at stages of the Project,
- Quality checking documents for compliance (format, completion, signatures..), tracking reviews & approvals, controlling all disciplines checks required for compliance to project requirements and prior to issuance into the Clients’ EDMS
- Perform registration, track review & approvals within Bylor, issue and track in Client’s system project deviations (Request for Information, Field Change Requests, Non-conformances, observations). Assist in controlling & following deviations until closure and capturing in the handover reports.
- Coordinating with Bylor Internal teams, Suppliers and Client the documents/quality records from issuance to acceptance
- Tracking completion of handover files
- Train Bylor, Suppliers and Client’s staff on document control requirements, processes and use of Bylor’s EDMS tools.
- Ensure system improvements established are properly implemented;
- Be Document Control’s point of contact for the Bylor teams and Suppliers
- Liaise with the Client’s Document Control staff on minor day to day document control issues.
- Inform the Quality Manager of issues, adjustments and improvements required in the supporting means such as templates, registers and EDMS tools, which require administrator rights.
- Allocate document numbers to ensure formal documents are uniquely and correctly identified, and that associated metadata is correctly allocated and captured.
- Implement and monitor EDMS workflows to ensure always the correct version at the point of use;
- Control obsolete documents (superseded and cancelled);
- Provide weekly, monthly, progress reports and other reports as required.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative, is tenacious and be passionate about quality and continuous improvement
- Have attention to detail and appreciate the importance of accurate record keeping and conforming with project procedures
- Take ownership of your work and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent communications skills and be able to provide training and guidance to people from all backgrounds and all levels of seniority, from site workers to director level
- Ensure that teams receive the necessary assistance and appropriate processes are being followed
- Be a good listener and work well with others
- Be familiar with tablets and mobile technology
- Be able to quickly learn new software, and show others how to use it
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel
Desirable (but not essential)
- Previous experience in information management / document control
- Previous experience on a major project
- Existing knowledge of a digital records system or document control system
- Problem solving and logic-based troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a diverse group of customers
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.