We have a 23 hours per week term time only (39 working weeks) opportunity for a Driver to join the Transporting Somerset Team in the Bridgwater area.
We also have relief opportunities available. Relief patterns vary depending on the needs of the service and how much you wish to work. The relief rate of pay is £9.81 per hour.
Are you an experienced driver, used to transporting passengers with a variety of needs? If this sounds like you, would you like to be part of our Transport Team, working in the Bridgwater area?
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will transport a variety of people with various needs on mainly public service routes. The role is varied and interesting with a range of routes covered during the week, including some Learning Disabilities transport.
A few things about you
You’ll need a D1 category on your driving licence or have passed the minibus driving test and you will have had experience of driving minibuses or large vans. As a driver, you will also be responsible for the safe operation and routine maintenance of the vehicle.
If this is a customer facing role you will need to speak fluent English
For an informal chat about the role please contact Steve Osborne on 01278 454617
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join us as our driver, then please click ‘apply online’, we’d love to hear from you!
Why choose Somerset County Council
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
– A Local Government Pension Scheme.- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
– My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
– A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screening.
– Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
– Staff discounts in gyms.
– Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
– Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Share this job