20 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our enthusiastic transport team as a Driver based in Glastonbury.
Our team provides transport for LD (Learning Disabilities), SEN (Special Educational Needs), Public Service, Health & Social trips.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
Your duties will include:
- Safe Operation of SCC Vehicles.
- Completion of Daily vehicle Checks before use.
- The transportation of the service users within a safe and timely manner.
- In most cases, working in conjunction with a passenger assistant to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all.
- To deliver a friendly and reliable service for our service users.
A few things about you
A few things about you
You will need a D1 category on your licence and a willingness to work as part of a flexible and committed team.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For an informal chat about a role with us please contact James Warren on 07976 799802
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join us as our driver, then please click ‘apply online’, we’d love to hear from you!
The salary for this role is £10,234 to £10,647
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.