Knights Templar Community School
Early Years Leader
Salary UPS1 to UPS3 with TLR2
£30,690 – £41,604
Knights Templar Community Church School has an exciting opportunity for an Early Years Leader to join their team from September 2022.
Would you like to join an enthusiastic, hard-working team, working with lovely children in the ancient coastal town of Watchet on the West Somerset Coast? We are a friendly and expanding school with its own flourishing nursery on-site. Relationships are central to all that we do and we are committed to enabling each child to achieve their best in all aspects of their learning as an individual. To this end we are constantly trying to improve as adults in order to extend the quality of teaching and learning for our young people.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Provide an example of ‘excellence’ as a leading classroom practitioner and inspire and motivate other staff in all areas of the EYFS curriculum
- Work within the Senior Leadership Team to sustain high expectations and excellent practice in teaching and learning throughout the school;
- Be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community
- Provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all pupils and staff, focused on safeguarding pupils and developing exemplary behaviour.
We are looking for an individual who has:
- Proven experience of leading across the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience of using school data effectively to raise achievement and improve behaviour
- Knowledge and understanding of: the theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies);
- An ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Promoted positive and inclusive relationships with pupils, parents and the wider community;
- Is supportive of our church school ethos.
- Welcoming and enthusiastic learners;
- Friendly, supportive and dedicated staff;
- Well-resourced and spacious school environment.
An information pack containing job description, person specification and application form is available from the School Office via e-mail or on the school website www.knightstemplarfirst.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office to arrange an appointment – 01984 634385.
Closing date for applications – midday on Friday 11th February 2022
Interviews to be held week beginning 28th February 2022
The school has a commitment to safeguard children and all posts require a criminal background check via the DBS, medical clearance and references.
To apply email email@example.com