We’re looking for a full time experienced electrician to operate within the Councils Hard FM Property Maintenance Group (PMG.) In delivering a high standard of work on commercial properties across the Councils portfolio such as offices, libraries, museums, children’s centres etc.
The PMG is made up of qualified professional’s (electricians, plumbers, heating engineers, multi skilled building tradesmen, HVAC engineers) supported by administrative and managerial staff. The PMG is based within County Hall where workshop facilities are available however operations are mobile for which individual transport is provided.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
As an Electrician, you will be responsible for reactive maintenance, testing/inspection and minor works installation of electrical equipment in a commercial environment on sites across Somerset. As part of a mobile team, you will provide maintenance services to ensure the Councils estate is in a safe and compliant condition.
A few things about you
You should be suitably qualified, competent and experienced, you will need to be well organised, self-motivated and committed to providing a high standard of workmanship.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Ross Vickery on 07977402172.
The salary for this role is £26,446 – £30,095 per annum (renumeration package includes a £3,000 recruitment allowance per annum for up to 3 years).
We recommend applying as soon as possible. Depending on the level of response, we anticipate conducting interviews ahead of the closing date.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees, including:
– A Local Government Pension Scheme.
– Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
– My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
– A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones
and health screening.
– Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
– Staff discounts in gyms.
– Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
– Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.