Engagement Lead – Proud to Care Somerset
Somerset is looking to recruit a system lead for our ‘Proud to Care’ initiative – initially on a 12 month contract but very likely to be extended – focused on raising the profile, values, and career and development opportunities that exist within the care sector and building on the existing local offer.
We recognise the importance of a good work life balance and do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including some working from home. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The postholder will actively support the delivery of the strategic aims and activities of the Somerset Integrated Care System (ICS) People Plan, whose vision is to create a ‘vibrant and agile health and care sector, working together to attract, develop and retain (young) talent’, and build on the many successes of our Proud to Care campaign work to date.
Engaging and consulting with independent care providers and VCSE partners, you will develop strong networks and positive working relationships in order to understand the recruitment challenges and issues faced within the sector, as well as the opportunities to support it. You will progress our Proud to Care Somerset Strategy and Comms Plan, and convene Career Fairs and events across the county to help match potential job seekers with local providers.
A few things about you
We are looking to attract an enthusiastic champion of the care sector, with proven experience of productive partnership working and excellent communication skills. You should have a strong awareness of the adult social care market, and ideally first-hand experience of leadership within the independent adult social care sector or a recruitment/comms environment.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
Interviews to take place: 9th February
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This role requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure.