MEH Engineering Electrical–MCT SCT LCT
The HPC Jobs Service supports local people into exciting, long-term careers across our Project.
- Accountable for the delivery of defined activities within grouped tasks, to quality and performance targets, led by an Engineering Task Lead.
- Display and foster a positive Nuclear Safety Culture.
The role will require reporting to a nominated ‘Task Lead’ on a day to day basis for delivery of specified scope and activities, with overall accountability functionally to the MEH Alliance Engineering function Core Team.
This role will require taking the direction of the Task Lead in respect of the activity needs for delivery and performance. Liaise with several stakeholders including the Client, external design entities and external specialist supply chain partners, to enable the delivery of the activities scheduled.
Interface with other task delivery teams will be required, maintaining the functional accountability of each, but ensuring cross population of information is provided for best delivery for the project. Produce strategies for installation (inc. all associated tasks) for Main, Secondary and Local trays. Review of execution design deliverables, providing constructability input. Provide input, advice and guidance on specific technical matters including product selection and procurement of electrical installations materials.
Minimum Qualifications/ Experience
(as per MEH matrix)
HNC in Electrical Engineering, ideally with at least 10 years of experience in a nuclear or a similarly regulated industry.
Demonstrable experience in electrical installations (with a large volume of cable ladder, tray & basket).
Knowledge and experience of providing input, advice and guidance on specific technical matters including product selection and procurement of electrical installations. Experience of construction of large multi-discipline projects, understanding of engineering design delivery, understanding of cross-discipline relationships, interfaces, and coordination.
Experience in working with supply chain partners to develop installation strategies for equipment. Experience of site installations in order to identify and address both installation issues and opportunities at the design and site stage.
Additional Qualifications/ Experience:
Degree in engineering (desirable). Chartered / Incorporated Engineer with relevant engineering institute or working towards Chartered / Incorporated status or working towards this status.
Context of role:
MCT/SCT/LCT Cable ladder, tray, basket, supports and fixings package:
1. Review Execution Design
2. Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers
3. Assist in the preparation of deliverables required to support installation
4. Assist identifying & realising efficiencies in all phases of the project
MEH Values attributed
· Demonstrates Humility through sharing success as a team
· Demonstrates Positivity through always striving for solutions
· Demonstrates Respect through valuing other points of view
· Demonstrates Clarity through sharing information simply and concisely
· Demonstrates Solidarity through adopting a “One Team” MEH approach
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. As a project, we do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job