Enquiry Office Advisors
£21,837 – £24,156
Our Enquiry Offices deal with 12,300 visitors and 2600 on-line enquiries per month and we have an exciting opportunity for applicants to join our team at various locations across Avon and Somerset Force area. In this role you will be the first point of contact for members of the public and will be dealing with a range of enquiries, face to face, online, over the telephone and in writing.
We have a number of full time and part time opportunities, which include:
- Monday to Friday between the hours of 10.00-18.00.
- Monday to Friday between the hours of 08.00-20.00 plus Saturday and/or Sunday between the hours of 09.00-17.00. Roles working shift patterns will attract a salary of £27,513 – £30,423 pro rata (including allowances).
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- Supporting victims and witnesses of crime
- Managing conflict and helping vulnerable members of the public
- Providing a range of administrative duties supporting local policing and the criminal justice system
- To respond to, research and resolve enquiries from the public via force mailboxes
- Recording crimes on relevant systems
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Excellent communications skills
- Customer Service Experience/relevant qualifications (e.g. NVQ level 2)
- Skilled computer user with experience of using Microsoft packages (typing speed of 20 words per minute)
Our Enquiry Office locations consist of: Bath, Bridgwater, Patchway, Broadbury Road, Kingswood, Keynsham, The Bridewell, Fishponds, Southmead, Trinity Road, Burnham on Sea, Chard, Chipping Sodbury, Frome, Minehead, Nailsea, Weston Super Mare, Radstock, Shepton Mallet, Street, Taunton, Wellington, Wincanton and Yeovil. You will be asked your preferred location during your application process.
Successful candidates may be placed on a bank for up to 12 months awaiting appointment, this will be pending further vacancies arising for the same role in your preferred location. By giving your consent this does not prevent you from applying for any other opportunities.
Training period – during the first 8 week period you will be expected to work increased hours to accommodate your training based on 37 hours per week.
To gain an insight of the work undertaken by the EO staff take a look at this link https://vimeo.com/485915977/aa4e88f934
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would like to hear from you so click the link below to apply.