Estates and Valuation Advisor
We’re looking for an Estates and Valuation Advisor to join our Estates team on a full time basis. Somerset County Council has a large and diverse property portfolio ranging from historic buildings to new office facilities and schools currently being constructed with everything in between!
We are offering a salary of £30,451 to 334,728 per annum – a recruitment allowance of up to £4,000 per annum may also be available
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will assist in the provision of a full professional valuation and estate management service within the Estates team of the Councils Corporate Property group.
You will join a busy, dedicated and supportive team with aspirations for increased commerciality and portfolio management. The role will offer responsibility and experience in a wide range of activities associated with day to day Estate and Property management activities.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including working from home, with agreement from the manager.
A few things about you
We’re looking for an Estates and Valuation Advisor with an innovative and creative approach. You will be committed and adaptable in your work. It is essential that you have relevant experience, ideally a Chartered Surveyor and RICS Registered valuer but consideration will be given to those who are not but have demonstrable experience in this sector.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Charlie Field, Strategic Manager: Estates, on 01823 355325 or David Price, Service Manager: Estates Surveyor, on 01823 355144
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.