Evidence and Stores Driver
Are you an experienced driver and looking for a new opportunity to start making a real difference to the community?
Avon and Somerset Constabulary is looking for Evidence and Stores Driver to join their small team in support of operational policing.
You will be supporting investigations by providing a delivery and collection service for evidential exhibits and stores items to and from stations and policing sites throughout the force area of operations.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
– Transporting and accounting for the controlled movement of evidential and forensic exhibits between operational transit stores, hub store locations and the Headquarters central storage facilities.
– Loading and unloading vehicles at delivery and storage locations.
– Maintaining the security and continuity of vehicle loads and contents whilst in transit and ensure that all deliveries are safely secured at point of receipt or despatch.
– Updating records using force IT systems, manifests and associated paperwork.
– Carrying out daily checks, minor maintenance and cleaning of allocated force vehicles in order to maintain their roadworthy condition.
– Providing other stores related duties when required and commensurate with the role.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
– Full UK driving licence including authority to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Experience of working within a confidential environment and an understanding of data protection principle.
– Experience of manual handling techniques and safe working practices for lifting and movement of heavy items.
– Experience of storing and dealing with valuables/property.
Why work for Avon and Somerset Police?
Avon and Somerset Police has gained a reputation as a pioneering and innovative force, responsible for policing a large diverse, multi-cultural population.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge which offers a genuine opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives, variety and the chance to broaden your experience, then Avon and Somerset is the force for you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are working hard to increase diversity and inclusion within the Constabulary, where communities are under-represented, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people of all ages, abilities, faiths, religions and gender, LGBT communities and those from other disadvantaged or marginalised backgrounds, who share our values and wish to make a difference to the communities we serve.
All applications will be treated on merit, based on the evidence provided in your application and suitability for the role you have applied for.
All requests for flexible working patterns will be considered and will be dependent on the role.
Recruitment and Selection Policy
Internal applicants who are at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment and pass the selection process, will be offered the role over the remaining internal and external applicants.
Police Barred and Advisory lists
Individuals placed on the Police Barred and Advisory lists will not be considered for employment by the police for a minimum of 5 years from the date of listing in the case of gross misconduct, or 3 years from the date of listing in the case of poor performance.
Vetting and safeguarding
Avon and Somerset Police are committed to safeguarding and operate safer recruitment processes, to ensure a police service that employees are proud to work for because they feel safe, valued and part of a happy and supportive work environment. All employees and volunteers therefore will be subject to background checks including vetting and references.