Facilities Duty Manager
Butlin’s is looking for new recruits to come and join them this summer. If you enjoy working with others, are ready to learn something new, roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and have some fun – we might have your next job waiting for you.
Working at Butlin’s as part of the facilities team means being part of a big-hearted team of people who are responsible for providing our guests with an altogether more fun and entertaining holiday.
We know that It takes a team effort to put on the show here and we’re looking for likeminded people who –
- Like to work as part of a team.
- Are comfortable and confident to talk to our guests.
- Are comfortable to work in a busy environment and can dial up the energy when it’s required.
- Can deliver a high level of service and will always strive to exceed the guest’s expectations
The role of a Duty Manager means you are accountable for achieving both Fault Free accommodation (CAFF) and venue maintenance. The purpose of this role is to ensure that all areas are repaired and maintained to the highest standard that will delight our guests and generate positive feedback.
You will exhibit composure as you learn from each new challenge. You will support, build and inspire high-performing teams of unique individuals who deliver positive service experiences. You will help ensure we comply with all legislation being accountable for all sign off on any/all check sheets as required to follow company policy.
You will develop a planned maintenance program to maintain equipment, accommodation and venues on site. Role modelling effective leadership behaviour. Communicating effectively to all team members and peers.
You will be accountable for delivering against agreed key KPI’s, that may include Qualitive targets as measured by TI and NPs. Team goals such as ENP’s and team retention. And commercial goals such as staying within agreed budgets.
To undertake any reasonable management requests
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Liase with external contractors and plan in work in order to reduce impact on team and guests
- Buy trained to order parts at the best price
- Confidently deals with guest and team concerns with the ability to solve problems with empathy and understanding
- Role Models the Mission statement values and leads by example by working alongside your team and supporting them during trading /operating hours
- Competent and knowledgeable in the delivery of your venue/departments operating standards.
- Actively seeks processes/procedures to help improve productivity and compliance
- Support your Line Manager with Performance Management interviews/performance in the required timeframe and HR policy and procedures
- Carry out active Duty Management duties.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with all Customers both external and internal to the resort
- Demonstrates and role models a commitment to delivering a superior guest experience in everything you do
- This role needs to have a degree of flexibility for our business needs throughout our calendar year,
- Ensure compliance with relevant company legislation policy, (fire, hygiene, and any H&S policies within your area of responsibility)
- Have sufficient knowledge of budgets/guest weeks and other influencing factors to make decisions during your shift
- Accountability for stock control and security procedures daily/periodic checks in line with company policies
- Support the wider management team with presentations for quarterly team energisers
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience in a similar role, within building trade construction industry
- Have effective Team Management skills including, leading by example.
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to learn and a passion for self-development
- A proffesional trade quilification
- Have a problem-solving attitude
We think working at Butlin’s is a pretty special place to be and here are just a few of the benefits for working with us:
- Resort discounts on food and drink in our retail outlets.
- Free use of many of the resort facilities for you, and significantly discounted rate for your friends and family.
- Subsidised OFSTED Nursery facilities available on resort
- Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
- Free parking on resort
- Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month as well as lots of other team incentives.
If you think you have what it takes to come and be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you.