We are recruiting for a Family Secretary / Assistant in Taunton.
Secretaries/Assistants provide both clerical and administrative support to fee earners, either as part of a team or individually. The role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth running of the business.
Secretaries/Assistants are involved with the coordination and implementation of office procedures and may be responsible for specific tasks or projects and, in some cases, oversee and supervise junior staff.
Key tasks (but not limited exclusively to, and dependant upon the Sector/Department)
- Attending all service users and professionals, whether in person, on the telephone or by email in a polite, efficient and professional manner at all times.
- Taking accurate messages and ensuring they are passed to the appropriate department/Staff member without delay.
- Use a variety of software packages including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and company case management systems to produce correspondence, documents, presentations, records, spread sheets and databases.
- Creating and/or maintaining office systems as required.
- Diary management, together with booking appointments/meetings. Also to assist in booking training courses etc.
- Attend meetings where necessary and assist in note taking/minutes etc.
- Manage and maintain all internal systems as well as billing clients and completion statements
- Creation, photocopying and printing of documents.
- SDLT on-line and Land Registry
- Liaise with staff, offices and external organisations as required to maintain efficient services.
- Assisting colleagues as own duties allow and, in particular, holiday/sickness cover
- Participation in marketing activities, whether on a firm-wide, departmental or office basis.
- Provide general support within the team/office/firm as required.
- Ensure compliance with Lexcel/CQS standards at all times.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policies of the firm at all times.
Apply today for the Family Secretary / Assistant position in Minehead.