We’re currently looking for a Finance Assistant in Minehead where our Foxes Academy operates, the UK’s only fully operating training hotel for young people with learning disabilities.
Foxes is a very special place. We believe in changing lives and giving our students the skills, knowledge and confidence to successfully shape their own futures. Our mission is to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently.
As a Finance Assistant your role is to ensure sufficient funds are available in petty cash at all times and to monitor and check petty cash reconciliations from all departments of Foxes Academy. You will deal with the day to day administration of Soldo debit cards, including correct coding and submission of monthly reconciliation report to Central Finance Team.
A Finance Assistant will support the hotel with income transactions, setting up systems and recording.
You will work with onsite staff, providing help and guidance as necessary, to ensure that all Purchase Orders are raised prior to ordering or works being commissioned and ensure that those making requisitions are receipting goods and services appropriately and assist Central Finance Operations team with any PO related queries.
General support and assistance with the Business Manager and the administration team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for day to day management of Foxes Academy Student Account including cash expenditure and transfer of Funds to and from Foxes Business Current Account as required.
- Liaising with the Hotel Reception to ensure that income is received regularly
- Ensure that all other finance processes for the hotel, both planned and ad hoc are undertaken on an accurate and timely basis.
- During colleague absence, assist Business Manager and Senior Administrator with the monthly Payroll process as required.
- Attending and participating in all appropriate meetings where directed, invited, delegated or otherwise scheduled as being relevant to the post.
- To maintain a professional manner and understand the importance of confidentiality at all times.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Level 2 in Maths and English minimum.
- Highly numerate.
- Intermediate MS Excel knowledge ideally.
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems.
- AAT qualification or equivalent i.e. Level 2 or 3 Bookkeeping
- Knowledge and experience as a finance assistant.
- Experience of accounting software.
- Desirable hotel experience.
- Team player.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
Want to Apply?
For more information or to request a job description please email: Natasha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer.