The Commercial Development Team are looking to recruit a Finance & Admin Assistant. The team provides a central support service for teams across Support Services for Education. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to join us.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will provide support to the team, enabling them to provide a high quality, streamlined service. You will complete general finance tasks such as raising purchase orders, sales invoices and performing monthly reconciliations. You will also take on responsibility for specific tasks such as supporting budget monitoring, debt monitoring and working with the Senior Finance Officers producing reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
A few things about you
Excellent IT skills are essential, along with experience in working within a team and the ability to work in a challenging and busy frontline service. Financial knowledge and some finance experience are essential. Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing needs of the service is also a necessary part of the role, a positive and committed attitude is essential.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Nigel Board on 0300 123 7365 or email NJBoard@Somerset.gov.uk
Please note we aim for all recruitment activity to continue as expected, however due to COVID-19 all interviews will be taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
Share this job