Finance Officer Taunton
We are looking for a full time enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Finance Business Partnering team as a Finance Officer. As a team we provide financial advice and support to a range of service areas, with the aim of improving lives for Somerset residents.
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including some working from home, compressed hours, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.”
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You should have experience in providing technical and specialised financial support and advice to both services and finance colleagues. You will be responsible for working with managers to prepare revised and forward year estimates, monitoring expenditure throughout the year and producing and developing financial reports. A key element of the roles will be working with managers to improve financial controls, identifying where improvements and efficiencies can be made and driving forward their implementation, checking third party claims and grant claims and working with various stakeholders and providing challenge when required.
A few things about you
Applications are invited from suitably skilled people with detailed knowledge of the framework within which local government operates. Experience of providing support to front line services and across multiple agencies and stakeholders is desirable but not essential.
If this role is customer facing you will need to speak fluent English.
For any further information, please contact Kieran Ashton on 01823 357208, or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The salary for this role is £22,183 to £25,481 per annum
Interviews will take place virtually via MSTeams.
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.