Finance Support Assistant
We are looking for a motivated individual to join the Adult Social Care Finance Team based at Shepton Mallet. The main responsibility of the role will be making payments to Residential Care homes and Homecare providers across Somerset.
This is an exciting and challenging post which requires organisational, communication and methodical skills, with particular emphasis on attention to detail.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The role will involve collating, assessing and inputting financial and non financial data. You will support senior colleagues to produce reports and statistical data.
You will also act as a local point of contact for finance related queries, providing advice and guidance to operational and others outside of the organisation.
A few things about you
You will need the ability to use your initiative and be able to work to deadlines.
The knowledge of financial systems would be beneficial, however full training will be given.
Fr an informal discussion about the post please contact Claire Wheeler on 01749 822650 or Lauren Gilham on 01749 822568.
All interviews will take place virtually via MS Teams.
Interview date 23.02.2021
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.