Financial Investigator (Designated)
- Bridgwater Police Centre- TA6 4RR
- Bristol, Concorde House- BS16 7FH
- Bristol, Kenneth Steele House- BS2 0TQ
- Portishead, Police Headquarters- BS20 8QJ
Would you like to be part of a collaborative and victim focused team who strive to make a different to our communities?
Do you have excellent analytical skills and a keen interest in complex financial crime?
We are looking for an inquisitive and professional individual who can demonstrate previous investigative experience, the ability to make decisions and deliver results within tight deadlines.
Our Financial Investigators support in the reduction of criminal activity and safeguard our communities from fraud and other financial crimes including the proceeds from drug trafficking.
You will compile and analyse evidence and be able to develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external colleagues, departments and agencies including National Crime Agency (NCA), HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), to assist in the successful prosecution of criminals and to ensure that they are deprived of the benefit of the crimes committed.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Investigating financial crimes and offenders within the provisions of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Police Reform Act 2002, the Drug Trafficking Act 1994 and the Criminal Justice Act 1988.
- Planning and preparing financial investigations, presenting case material and preparing financial statements. Attending Court if necessary.
- Investigating money laundering disclosures made by financial institutions under the relevant acts.
- Providing guidance and support to the organisation in all matters relating to financial investigation, Special Procedure Production Orders, Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) production orders, search and seizure warrants, customer information and account monitoring orders.
- Dealing with enquiries from other jurisdictions received in accordance with the Criminal Justice (International Co-operation) Act 1990
- Providing specialist support to major investigations in relation to financial enquiries
Skills, experience, and qualifications required to be successful in this role:
- Prepared to undertake training to become accredited as a Financial Investigator
- Experience of interviewing and conducting investigations sensitively and discreetly
- Experience of obtaining and presenting information in different formats
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to be assertive and adapt style to suit audience
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of decision making and the ability to manage workload effectively to meet deadlines with the consideration of priorities
In this role there will be a requirement to travel around the force area for various reasons including attend court and assisting warrants. Therefore you will ideally hold a full current driving licence or be able to travel around the force area using alternative transport
To be eligible to apply for this role you must have a 3 year ‘checkable history’ in the UK – ideally this means that you would have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
You will be required to work Monday – Friday in this role. Core working hours would be 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm, however there is flexibility for the working pattern to be agreed with the successful candidate. You may also at times be required to work different hours for reasons relevant to the role, including attending court or assisting warrants.
We are currently looking to recruit one Financial Investigator but are using this recruitment process to create a reserve pool of applicants for additional Financial Investigator roles that may arise within the next 6 months.
We are looking for people who share our values of caring, inclusive, courageous and learning.
Share this page