Sessional Social Worker (Fostering Assessor)
The Fostering in Somerset (recruitment team) and the Kinship team are seeking to recruit social workers to undertake fostering and Special Guardianship assessments across Somerset during periods of exceptional demand.
- Competitive payments on an hourly rate at grade 10
- An opportunity to broaden child care social work experience.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will work from home and will have access to line management and administrative support. You will also ensure good case recording is maintained throughout the assessment.
A few things about you
You will need to have experience of child care social work, have knowledge of fostering work and be Social Work Qualified and registered with Social Work England. Most important, however, is a sound understanding of what makes a good carer in the context of your assessment whether fostering/Connected Person fostering/Special Guardianship along with the ability to demonstrate an evidence-based approach to assessment and an ability to work autonomously.
- Current Social Work England registration and recognised professional social work qualification
- Willingness to work on a flexible basis, e.g. evenings and weekends as service needs requires
- Confidence and proficiency in presenting to local authority panels
- Ability to produce high quality family assessments
- Driving license and own transport
- Knowledge and experience of work in a child care setting.
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations pertaining to fostering
Accepting of offers of an assessment will need to be discussed and agreed with your line manager and will be based on the operational needs in the substantive team that you are working in and duty of care for health, safety and wellbeing.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 26th January 2021