Freelance Tutor – Construction Operations
Building Heroes is playing an ever-increasing role in supporting and training ex-service personnel and those who are unemployed to gain sustainable jobs in the construction industry.
Due to our recent growth, we are now looking for qualified trainers / assessors and IV’s, to join a great established team. In particular we are looking for individuals who have worked in the construction sector and have experience in delivering construction training (groundworks & civils).
Ideally the successful candidate should be based in the South-West of England as delivery will be near Melksham.
You will be delivering a Level 2 Diploma in Construction Operations to support our learners into employment. The successful candidate will have proven experience of delivering accredited training, coaching, and assessing learners & work.
Although this post is not a full-time role, we are looking to have trainers who can work flexibly. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has experience in the construction – education/training sector, loves supporting individuals and wants to be
part of our growing Charity.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the key responsibilities listed below.
- Deliver a timetable of learning as agreed with the National Head of Academies, ensuring the learners receive the highest quality experience in line with awarding body requirements and company expectations.
- Set clear, realistic targets for learners to progress and achieve.
- Ensure all learner records and reporting is accurate and compliant.
- Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet awarding body, funding body and organisational requirements.
- Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification.
- Deliver engaging sessions that keep our learners focused and stimulated.
- Motivate and inspire learners to build their confidence, achieve their qualification and gain sustainable employment.
- Ensure that support systems are provided to facilitate positive retention, achievement, and progression.
- Provide tailored support to individuals with additional learning needs to enable them to complete their course and achieve their qualifications.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with learners, employers, and staff to maintain an efficient working practice.
- Ensure the work area is clean and safe for all the staff and learners on a daily and ongoing basis.
- Monitor attendance and performance of the learners on an ongoing basis and effectively report to management.
- Maintain own levels of CPD to ensure current teaching and assessment methods are used and the most up to date employability and digital skills are being taught.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Teaching / assessing qualification such as a Cert Ed/PGCE or an Award in Education & Training L3 (PTTLS) or above. An internal verification qualification such as V1 or TAQA would also be a bonus.
- Relevant construction sector qualification at level 3 or above.
- Recognised experience in delivering training for the construction sector.
- Ability to provide impartial and constructive feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people.
What is on offer:
- £24-28k pro rata. Depending on experience.
- Flexible working.
- Working in a charity that changes lives for the better.
- Personal achievement and ongoing opportunities.