Yellow Rail Limited
Freight Wagon Maintenance Staff
The successful applicant will be become part of a team of freight wagon maintainers undertaking maintenance activities on five different types of freight wagon to a set of maintenance instructions in line with quality procedures and health and safety requirements.
· Assessing condition of the wagons
· Undertaking VIBT inspections
· Undertaking planned preventative maintenance activities
· Undertaking wheel exchanges
· Door maintenance and repair work
· Undertake removal of existing equipment and panels.
· Application of mechanical fastenings of all types using correct tooling
· Experience in a freight wagon / motor mechanic or other mechanical environment preferred
· Able to work as part of a team.
· Ideally have a recognised qualification to Level 3 standard (NVQ, C&G, BTEC, HND etc.)
· Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
· Able to read engineering drawings.
· Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
· Attention to detail and accuracy and take pride in delivering a quality installation.
· Good communication skills
This role is deemed to be safety critical.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Apply today for the Freight Wagon Maintenance Staff positions.