North Town Primary School and Nursery
General Nursery Assistant
Dates: Apply by: 20th August 2021
Interviews: week commencing August 30th 2021
Start date: October 4th 2021
Salary: Grade 17, Point 0 -1 According to experience. Approximate salary £17,500 p.a.
Contract type: Monday to Friday working 38 hours per week (4 days over 5)
Contract term: Permanent
North Town Nursery are currently recruiting for an Experienced Nursery Assistant who holds a minimum level 3 Early Years qualification to work within a fantastic day nursery in the centre of Taunton. The successful applicants will assist with the general running of the day to day tasks within the nursery that include food preparation, creating a stimulating and safe environment and supporting colleagues with educational tasks. There will also be opportunities for professional development.
All applicants should have a strong desire to work with, and care for children. They should be kind, enthusiastic, patient and able to work in harmony with other like-minded people to provide children with the best possible learning opportunities, within a safe, stimulating and happy environment.
North Town Nursery provides high quality care and education for 28 children (FTE) aged 2-4, open 49 weeks of the year from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- able to work within a caring and energetic team.
- able to follow all safeguarding policies and procedures of the nursery.
- able to inspire all children.
- able to use own initiative.
- able to communicate effectively.
General information and benefits:
- 4 weeks holiday per year, including bank holidays, 4 of which must be reserved for Christmas. (A bank holiday adjustment may be made depending on the work pattern).
- Career progression opportunities.
- All successful candidates will need to be compliant with the nurseries requirements of reference checks and provide at least 2 satisfactory references.
Completed applications should be sent to NTRecruitment@educ.somerset.gov.uk. Applications received that do not contain a fully completed application form will not be considered.
It is the schools policy to obtain references in advance of an interview. Candidates who do not wish for a reference to be taken in advance will not be short-listed for interview.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility.