South Somerset District Council
Groundskeeper / Grounds Maintenance
Salary: £19,650 – £20,043 pro rata
Job Type: Permanent
Hours 17 hours per week (Saturday and Sunday)
Closing Date: 05/07/2022 5:00 PM
Job ref: 2100
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a person to join our team at Yeovil Recreation Centre as a Groundskeeper. If you love working outdoors and are willing to learn a range of skills, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Apply now and become a valued member of the Environmental Services team, helping South Somerset to be a place where businesses flourish, communities are safe, vibrant and healthy and residents enjoy good housing and cultural, leisure and sporting activities.
Job Title: Groundskeeper/ Grounds Maintenance
Salary: £19,650 – £20,043 pro rata
Hours: 17 hours per week (Saturday and Sunday)
Location: Based from Yeovil Recreation Centre (Mudford Rec)
Working within our Environmental Services team is our sports ground maintenance team who oversee the Yeovil Recreation Centre, situated in the heart of Yeovil. If you enjoy working outdoors, then this might be the role for you.
Yeovil Recreation Centre (YRC) is run by South Somerset District Council and is considered by many to be the top outdoor sporting venue in South Somerset. It’s a place open to the whole community. A large site, The Rec has several facilities that are open to the public, including sports pitches for Hockey, Football and other sports, it has an Artificial Grass Pitch and Athletics arena including an eight-lane synthetic track, field event area, grandstand, terraced seating and floodlights. It is available to hire for training and competitions. There is a pavilion as well as changing rooms, children’s play area and tennis courts. Not forgetting the pitch and put and crazy golf course.
For more information on these facilities and the other facilities and activities available at Yeovil Recreation Centre, please visit our website www.yeovilrec.co.uk
What we’re looking for…
- We operate in all weathers (rain or shine!) so you must be happy to work outdoors
- This role can be physically demanding and will include lifting and carrying heavy equipment
- Good communication skills as you will be liaising with our customers such as sports clubs as well as internal members of staff and members of the public
- You should have an interest in grounds maintenance or a willingness to learn new things (experience is desirable but if you don’t we can provide you with training required)
- You should willing to try your hand at other jobs within the service, as some flexibility would be desirable
What you can expect from us…
- We will help you develop your career by providing development and support whatever your level of experience
- An opportunity to be part of ‘one team’ coming together to develop even better ways of working
- A flexible approach to working arrangements to help you achieve a greater work/life balance
- A generous annual leave entitlement and the ability to purchase further leave
- A significant employer contribution towards your LPGS defined benefit scheme pension pot
- Gym membership discount across Freedom Leisure sites
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and Wellbeing initiatives and support
- Training and professional development opportunities
Please contact Quentin Coleman, Team Leader Horticulture on 07968616096 should you wish to discuss the role in more detail.
In the application please give details of any conflict of interest that could impact either the recruitment process or your employment with south Somerset.
We promote and value diversity in the workplace and welcome diverse applicants. We are committed to applying our equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to disability, sex or sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, or pregnancy or maternity.
We treat personal data collected during the recruitment process in accordance with our data protection policy/policy on processing special category personal data and criminal records. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in our privacy notice.
Share this page