The Rising Sun Inn
Time to Live Free
We are looking for an exceptional, experienced and qualified Head Chef to join our small and focused management team.
Our Head Chef will lead and manage all of the kitchen’s activities in our traditional styled English pub, ensuring the highest quality and standards are relentlessly maintained.
If you’re a collaborative team leader who thrives on taking responsibility, being part of a can-do team and can consistently produce top-quality menu ideas and dishes we’d love to hear from you.
- Key member of the Inn’s management team
- Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen
- Liaising with purchasing companies for food orders
- Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food
- Managing, training and recruiting kitchen staff
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Ensure kitchen equipment is fully serviceable, and a preventative maintenance plan is in place
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation, respect and collaboration
- Proven experience as Head Chef
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Excellent cooking skills
- An understanding of produce and ingredients
- The ability to write menus that are both creative and profitable
Please email your CV and contact details to: Paul.email@example.com
For a discussion please call me : 07918 830 667
The Rising Sun Inn is believed to have been first licensed in 1573, and Michelle & Paul Fabian are delighted to take their part in history as the new custodians of West Bagboroughs famous pub. Its new Latin slogan is “Vivamus Libero Tempus”, translated “Time to Live Free”.
The couple’s vision is to return The Rising Sun Inn to a quintessentially classic British country pub by taking traditional pub cuisine to new levels of culinary excellence, taste and value for money.
Whilst the new classic menu will be complemented and paired with a fresh selection of local and international wines, Michelle and Paul are fully committed to maintaining and delivering a warm and welcoming level of service to each and every patron and will continue to serve the popular local ales, lagers and ciders that The Rising Sun has become famous for.
Visit the Rising Sun website.
Share this job