Stoke St Gregory Primary School
Stoke St Gregory Church of England Primary School are currently recruiting for a Head Teacher.
Following the retirement of our current Headteacher the Governors of Stoke St Gregory Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed leader who will build upon our recent progress and take the school forward to provide the very best education and experience for all the children.
We will be appointing a Headteacher to work full time with one day per week devoted to direct teaching. Ideally the person appointed will be SENCo trained.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop the curriculum and teaching within the school to meet and exceed national and local standards of education
- Safeguard existing progress and protect the values and ethos of the school
- Manage the whole school community to deliver and achieve the best outcomes for pupils
- Put in place and review periodically a clear set of aims for the future, providing stability and direction to the school
- Have an inspirational and inclusive leadership style which will empower and motivate staff to reach their full potential
- Be an excellent communicator with an open and approachable manner and the ability to engage positively with all our stakeholders
Stoke St Gregory School benefits from:
- Enthusiastic and interested pupils who are keen to learn
- Supportive parents, carers and extended family groups
- A highly committed and dedicated group of staff
- A supportive Governing Body
- An involved and helpful surrounding community
- A sound financial base
- An historic importance to ongoing village life
Further detailed information is available on the school website.
To discuss this post please contact the Chair of Governors, Simon Baldwin on 07570 800414 or at SBaldwin@educ.somerset.gov.uk
For a recruitment pack and to apply please click Apply Now or e-mail SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
This school is an equal opportunities employer and as such would welcome pre-interview communications to discuss any needs that a candidate may have.
Closing Date: 28th August 2020
Interview date: Mid September. Interviews will be planned in accordance with government guidelines on social distancing.
Start Date: January 2021 (or earlier)