St. Margaret's Hospice
Health Care Assistant Level 2
Are you a Healthcare Assistant who shares and believes in our values and wants to make a positive difference by working with an innovative and respected organisation which delivers highest quality support to people affected by life-limiting illnesses across Somerset?
Can you demonstrate commitment to the foundational competencies of St Margaret’s of:
Working with others – holding self-awareness – leading in your area – and working to outcomes and results
We currently have a vacancy for a permanent full time Health Care Assistant level 2 within our In-patient team and are looking for a caring, enthusiastic individual who thrives on being part of a patient focused team, and who is motivated to develop their skills and knowledge in this area.
The role will include shifts working across the 24-hour period including rotation onto night duty.
Core Competencies provide a framework and sets out the behaviours that enable you to do your job successfully.
The key core competencies for this role are:
Understanding the impact of behaviours on others
Being flexible and adaptable
Recognizing strengths and capacity
Understanding how to manage emotions
Outcomes and results
Organizing and planning
Cross team working and collaboration
Using and communicating
Working with others
Respect for others
Engaging positively with others
Leading in your area
Leading by example
Developing and motivating others
Delivering shared goals
- NVQ 2 qualification
- Minimum of one year working as a health care assistant or similar
- Previous experience of working in a palliative care environment
- Team player.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of pressures that exist for patients, who are living with life limiting conditions, and their families
What we offer
In return we offer a rewarding role in a stimulating and positive working environment, with active support for training and opportunities to develop new skills and new career pathways, while knowing that you are helping to make each day count for individuals and families in Somerset.
- The opportunity to remain in NHS pension scheme if already contributing (or have been within last 12 months). Alternatively, you can join the Hospice pension plan.
- Access to learning and support opportunities
- Free car parking.
Confidential and free 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family offering:
- Legal, Financial and Medical Information and Advice
- A Vitality & Wellbeing health portal
For further information or an informal chat
Please get in contact with Sarah Manges – Lead Nurse on 01823 333822 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or Anna Saunders – Senior Staff Nurse on 01823 333822 or by email email@example.com or Elly Howes – Senior Staff Nurse on 01823 333822 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this job