Health Protection Manager
The Council is seeking to appoint an experienced, organised individual to play a crucial role in combatting the COVID-19 Pandemic to protect the health of the residents of Somerset. This is a unique and exciting fixed term opportunity until March 2023 to play a part in the global pandemic response and be responsible for the day to day management of Somerset’s public health incident response.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
You will work as part of a highly regarded public health team and will need to be able to work in partnership with Public Health England, NHS system partners and District Council colleagues, as well as businesses and schools. You will support the Lead Consultant and Director of Public Health to contain the pandemic of SARS CoV 2 within Somerset, by ensuring delivery of the Local Outbreak Management Plan and the management of the incident response team.
A few things about you
You will need to be adaptable and confident to ‘jump right into’ a fast paced, high profile and dynamic situation. You will also require the skills to identify opportunities that will benefit the population of Somerset and reduce local health inequalities.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jacqueline Burns on 01823 359249 or JBurns@somerset.gov.uk to make an appointment to speak to Alison Bell.
Due to COVID-19 all interviews will be taking place virtually, for example over MS Teams.
Interview Date: 21st April 2021
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This job requires a basic criminal background check.
Share this job