Somerset Public Health Nursing Team is delighted to offer this opportunity to join our dynamic Health Visiting Team in Bridgwater on a part time 34 hour per week basis.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The Health Visitor service comprises of a skill mix team that deliver core and targeted health input through the Healthy child programme 0-5 years aged children and their families.
This is an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse who has the Specialist Public Health Nurse in Health Visiting qualification.
A few things about you
You will need to:
- Be a highly motivated and innovative practitioner
- Have good leadership skills
- Have a knowledge base in safeguarding and child protection processes.
- Have a strong Public Health focus
- Be fully committed to improving the health and well-being of our children and families in Somerset
You must be an NMC registered Nurse or Midwife with SCPHN qualification with an interest of addressing the health needs of children aged 0-5 years and their families.
Applicants must have a full valid driving licence and have access to a car for work. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010.
For an informal discussion please contact Helen Stairs on 07976 695693.
Interviews will take place virtually on 24th March 2021
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Share this job