Somerset Public Health Nursing Team is delighted to offer this opportunity to join our dynamic Health Visiting Team. The post is based in our Central & East Mendip locality, covering Frome and Shepton Mallet.
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
The Health Visitor service comprises of a skill mix team that deliver core and targeted health input through the Healthy child programme 0-5 years aged children and their families.
A few things about you
This is an exciting opportunity for a registered nurse who has the Specialist Public Health Nurse in Health Visiting qualification.
You will need to be a highly motivated and innovative practitioner.
You must also have good leadership skills and a knowledge base in safeguarding and child protection processes.
In addition to this, you must have a strong Public Health focus and be fully committed to improving the health and well-being of our children and families in Somerset.
You must be an NMC registered Nurse or Midwife with SCPHN qualification with an interest of addressing the health needs of children aged 0-5 years and their families.
The salary for this role is in line with Agenda for Change Band 6, which has a current salary range of £31,365 – £37,890 per annum.
As this role is customer facing, you will need to speak fluent English.
Applicants must have a full valid driving licence and have access to a car for work. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010.
For an informal discussion please contact Helena Reid on 07785 451653 or email@example.com
Why choose Somerset County Council
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This job requires a criminal background check (DBS) via the disclosure procedure.
Share this job