North Somerset Council
Healthy Lifestyles Team Leader
Do you have a passion health improvement and leading the delivery of healthy lifestyles support for residents?
We are seeking a highly motivated team leader to provide daily line management to a team of Healthy Lifestyles Support advisors, based in Weston-super-Mare.
The team makes an important contribution to tackling health inequalities through promoting and supporting adults to develop healthier behaviours and lifestyles.
In addition to line management the role specifically involves:
- Developing content, co-ordinating and supporting healthy lifestyles groups to be delivered by the team of Healthy Lifestyle Support Advisors
- Supporting the ongoing development of content and advice given to clients to motivate and enable people on an individual and group basis to improve their health behaviours, focusing on eating well, weight management and increasing physical activity.
- Recruit, train, manage and support volunteers to support aspects of service delivery
- Develop and co-ordinate content for digital publicity and general marketing of health improvement services
- Establish and maintain regular links with key stakeholders to encourage referrals into the team
- Measuring and reporting outcomes of 1-1 and group delivery
We are seeking an individual with experience of supervising/managing and training others within the field of health improvement and experience of organising and facilitating groups, including developing content for group delivery focused on behaviour change.
Knowledge of national guidance in relation to health improvement and understanding of the wider public health context and health inequalities will be required.
Work will include a combination of office working, home working and outreach working from a variety of community venues across North Somerset.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Rebecca Stathers, Health Improvement Advanced Specialist on 01275 882733.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 03 February 2022
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.