Hire Fitter / Driver
As a Hire Fitter/Driver in Travis Perkins, you will play a vital role in supporting our Hire Manager to meet and be compliant to all mechanical, electrical processes and procedures in regards to repairing and testing tools and equipment to the Travis Perkins Tool Hire standard.
What will I be doing?
- In this multi-skilled role you will be tasked with ensuring all tools and hire equipment are tested and safe for use and readily available for hire
- You will support your Hire Manager in managing all aspects of their department and business
- Delivering and collecting a wide variety of tools & equipment to our customers
- With your learned knowledge of the products and services we offer, you will be a pivotal contact for our customers, nurturing great relationships, understanding their needs in order to offer expert advice and recommending alternatives to profitably maximise the sale of goods
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, so you will need to adhere and be compliant to all Tool Hire processes and procedures including all Tool Hire audits and inspections
What experience do you need?
Previous experience within the Plant and Hire Industry or a good understanding of electrical, petrol and diesel equipment would be advantageous, but not essential. It doesn’t matter what sector you come from, we just need transferable skills – great customer service and sales experience. A full clean UK driving licence is required.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say ‘Yes’ to all of the characteristics below – they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Hire Fitter/Drivers. Are you:
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
Being a Hire Fitter/Driver in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan that embraces our values – we call them Cornerstones. These are Working For Our Customers, Upholding Family Values, Being The Best, Keeping People Safe, Making Decent Returns
You’ll also receive £Competitive pay + Benefits (which includes an achievable and market leading annual bonus, contributory pension, life assurance, sharesave scheme, group wide colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group (including Wickes and Toolstation). Plus we have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from airport parking to theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance – most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised, despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that’s why we have been voted one of the UK’s Top Employers every year since 2010. We offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across our 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.