Devon & somerset Fire & Rescue Service
Home Safety Administration Assistant
Based at Service Headquarters, Clyst St George, Exeter.
3 x posts available on Fixed Term Contracts.
2 x Fixed term for 6 months, and 1 x FTC until 31 March 2022.
37 hours per week – however flexible working requests will be considered.
Salary: Grade 3 £20493.00 per annum
Closing Date: 2359hrs Sunday 1 August 2021
We are looking for conscientious and motivated individuals to join the busy Home Safety Team within the Community Safety Department. This post is integral to the ability of the Service to deliver Home Safety Visits, Fire Safety advice and support to vulnerable members of the community. It can be a challenging, but also extremely rewarding role.
You will need to be an effective team player with excellent organisational skills and a sound knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn bespoke ICT systems. In this role you will be responsible for the daily booking and management of calendars for the Home Safety Technicians who carry out our Home Safety Visits, so prioritisation and planning skills are also essential. It is important that you have an excellent telephone manner and the ability to readily create a rapport with a client / situation to determine appropriate levels of empathy and patience when talking to very vulnerable members of the community. An understanding of GDPR is desirable.
If you are successful in your application, we will require you to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring (DBS) check.
For an informal discussion in relation the this role please contact Jane Hayes via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01392 872289.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please upload a document with your application that confirms how you meet the following essential criteria:
- Good written, and verbal communication skills
- Good planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent telephone manner; ability to readily create rapport with client/situation and to determine appropriate need exercising appropriate levels of empathy/patience when dealing with vulnerable callers
- Two years’ experience of dealing with members of the public both face to face and on the telephone; ideally experience in dealing with vulnerable groups
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on own initiative as well as a member of a busy team, taking responsibility for personal performance and responding to feedback
Please note that the evidence supplied in reference to the 5 criteria above will be what forms the basis for shortlisting applications for this role.
Any internal applicants should ensure that their Line Manager is aware of their application.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values to consider working for us.